viernes, 17 de octubre de 2014

Let's talk about music.

     Do you want to know what do I feel listening to music? Honestly, it only depends on the frame of mind and, obviously, the song. Some days, for any reason, I want to hear slow songs and just let fly my imagination, instead, also there is days when the only thing I want is to play fast and rythmic songs and feel the adrenaline running through my veins. Consequently, you have to understand that music does not have only one meaning for me.

     As for the genres, styles or kinds of music (call it what you want) I must confess that I am passionate about electronic music, as known as EDM (Electronic Dance Music), but not any genre of EDM. Solely three of them are able to transmit me more than any other: Dubstep (my favourite one), House and Electro. Maybe some day I talk about the different subgenres, which for me it is an absolutely fascinating topic, but a little bit broad and hard to understand if you are not aware of the EDM world.

     Regarding the DJ's or producers, one of the most famous of  Dubstep is undoubtedly Skrillex, who, personally, is very overrated by the general public, but hated at the same time by much people too. He is not a bad DJ at all; however, the kind of music that he produces is not harmonic, it is at the limit between music and noise. Anyway, there is many unknown producers who create stunning pieces of art too, and they have far less recognition than others, which is really unfair for them.

     To sum up, I want to say that, regardless the kind of music we listen, we should respect all the different music genres (except reggaeton). To finish, I must confess that I have been listening to music writting this blog, honestly, a really good experience.

1 comentario:

  1. I also listen to music while writing. I love music but don't know much about electronic music, so I am lucky to have someone telling me about it.

    ResponderEliminar